The Hunt Stables were designed by Pittsburgh architect Benno Janssen and originally built in 1921 to house 28 stalls, a tack room, veterinarian's area, grooms' quarters, food storage, equipment rooms and a great round room where trophies and ribbons were displayed. With an intent to preserve the landmark of its heritage, the facility was converted into private condominiums, preserving as much of the existing architecture as possible. Every unit has its own entrance, individual identity and is totally autonomous with respect to neighboring units. Vestibules and fenestrated entrance hall additions were designed to increase area to an average of 2,400 square feet (220 m2) per unit. The private resort also features overnight accommodations and is known for exquisite cuisine, fine dining and numerous social events. Rolling Rock Club is considered a sportsman's paradise with golf, fishing, hunting, shooting, tennis and swimming.